TRAVELING TO THE DEMPSEY CHALLENGE
|+ Bike Rentals + Shipment|
|+ Things to Do|
|+ Local Eats + Drink|
Are you traveling from out of state or beyond to join us for the Dempsey Challenge? Congratulations! You are coming during the most beautiful season the state of Maine has to offer.
Lewiston-Auburn is centrally located just 40 minutes from the Portland International Jetport (PWM) and 2 hours from Boston's Logan International Airport (BOS).
15 Lincoln Street, Lewiston, ME (located next to venue)
- The Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch– .1 mi., (207) 784-4433
- The Inn at the Agora – .5 mi., (855)-55-AGORA
- The Munroe Inn Bed & Breakfast – .8 mi., (207) 376-3266
- Penley House B&B – .8 mi., (207) 786-4800
- Marriott Residence Inn Auburn, 2.6 mi., – (207) 777-3400
- Ramada Inn & Conference Center Lewiston – 2.7 mi., (207) 784-2331
- Fireside Inn & Suites – 6 mi., (207) 777-1777
For information about having your accommodation listed on this page, please email [email protected].
Bike shops in the Lewiston-Auburn area:
- SH – receives shipped bikes
- R – some rentals available
(SH,R) 97 Lisbon Street, Lewiston, ME 04240 (207) 784-7576 [email protected]
(SH) 996 Sabattus Street Lewiston, ME (207) 241-3233 [email protected]
(SH, R) 75 Farwell Street Lewiston, ME 04240 (207) 783-9090 [email protected]
Other bike shops within about 30 miles of Lewiston-Auburn include:
- Allspeed Cyclery and Snow, Portland, (207) 878.8741 (SH, R)
- Auclair Cycle & Ski, Augusta, 1-800-734-7171 (R)
- Cycle Mania, Portland, (207) 774-2933 (R)
- Ernie’s Cycle Shop, Westbrook, (207) 854-4090
- Gorham Bike & Ski, Portland, (207) 773-1700 (R)
- L.L.Bean, Freeport, (207) 552-7676
- Eastern Mountain Sports, Portland, (207) 541-1919
- Green Machine Bike Shop, Norway, ME, (207) 739-2324
Fall is a wonderful time to visit Maine! From apple picking, to leaf peeping, or grabbing a lobster roll by the ocean — there’s lots to see and do! For more information, visit the following websites:
- Maine Department of Tourism
- LA It’s Happening Here!
- Maine Tourism Association
- Maine Apple Orchards
- Camp Maine
- Freeport, Maine
Riverwalk Brews & Blues Festival
Saturday, September 25 will host the 3rd annual Riverwalk Brews & Blues Festival located in Centennial Park in Auburn. If you are in town and looking for something to do on Dempsey Challenge weekend, stop by and check out the festival! Click here for more information.
Menus in LA is a great resource for restaurant menus in the Greater Lewiston/Auburn, Maine Area.
Restaurants and breweries within walking distance of the venue: