DEMPSEY CHALLENGE GOES GLOBAL
There are no barriers to participate and no limits to what’s possible when we - as a global community - come together to support people managing the impact of cancer.
|Virtual event you complete anywhere and in any way you choose. Choose to run, walk, ride, or any other activity that you enjoy! Join our global community as we support people impacted by cancer.|
WHAT: Run, walk or ride with us on Dempsey Challenge weekend
WHEN: September 25 + 26
WHERE: Anywhere in the world!
WHO: Everyone! Any age, any skill level!
REGISTRATION FEE*: $50 Registration fee counts towards suggested fundraising minimum AND includes a t-shirt and decal!
MINIMUM FUNDRAISING*: Suggested $250
WHERE THE $ GOES: Every dollar you raise helps to make life better for people managing the impact of cancer.
*Youth and Young Adult participants ages 23 & under enjoy a 50% discount on registration fee!
OPPORTUNITIES FOR EVERYONE
Register for the Global Challenge and participate anytime and from anywhere in the world! Start a team and create your own Dempsey Challenge route on September 25 + 26 as we join together for one powerful weekend. We'll have virtual challenges and competitions along the way to motivate you and your team as we train for the Challenge together.
No matter how you participate, participate powerfully.
STEP 1: REGISTER
Have fun doing what YOU love!
- Register to run, walk or ride for the Local Challenge or Global Challenge
- Local Challenge will take place in Lewiston, Maine following current CDC guidelines.
- Global Challenge is anywhere in the world! Create your own Dempsey Challenge in your own community!
STEP 3: PARTICIPATE
Get your sweat on!
- Login to the Dempsey Challenge app and set your activity goals!
- Follow our Dempsey Challenge Strava club for motivation and connect with Challengers from all over the world!
- Train with us all summer! Follow our Training Tuesdays series to prepare for the Challenge!
- Join our virtual challenges in the Dempsey Challenge app starting in July.
- Run, walk or ride on Dempsey Challenge weekend!
STEP 4: CELEBRATE
Celebrate with us in September!
- Join us for an epic live streamed celebration when we commemorate 1.5 million miles moved and $1.5 million raised!
Choose how you participate, and participate powerfully!
Many of you will have different comfort levels with participation in group activities due the COVID-19 pandemic. We want everyone to feel safe and comfortable, which is why you will be able to choose (and change) your participation for 2021. During registration, you will choose your Challenge location and confirm your plan as you get closer to event weekend. A detailed health and safety event plan based on current CDC guidelines will be provided to you to help you make your final decision about how you participate.
Dempsey Challenge weekend will continue to be a chance to engage and enlist support from friends, family, and colleagues during your fundraising outreach. We are ready to come together, both in-person in Lewiston and virtually with our extended global community to push towards our ambitious fundraising target. Together, we will reach our goal of $1.5 million raised. This allows us to continue providing free services for people managing the impact of cancer.
Invite your friends. Register the kids. Train with us. Set your goals.
And help bring programs and services at no cost to our loved ones and communities impacted by cancer. Just pick your location, your distance and fundraising goal. We’ll supply special incentives to keep you motivated, create an online community of support, and an invitation to a weekend of fun, virtual celebration, and more.