Between a 5K course with scenic bridges across the Androscoggin river and four cycling tours to choose from for 2023, no matter your ability, you are sure to enjoy the ride!*
CHOOSE YOUR ADVENTURE
- 5K rest stop include hydration and restrooms.
- Cycling rest stops include hydration, snacks, mechanical support, and restrooms.
- Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles will track riders on all routes and provide support as needed.
- Cycling Ambassadors (Dempsey Challenge cyclist rock stars!) will be out on the routes to help you out with any situation that may arise on your ride. They are there to direct riders, act as first responders and mechanics, or to just encourage you to keep going! Cycling Ambassadors will be clearly identified by their yellow bibs.
- All routes and rest stops will follow Maine CDC health and safety guidelines.
A PERFECT OUT AND BACK FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
In honor of Wendy Tardif whose tireless dedication and compassion laid the foundation for the Dempsey Center today, we're introducing a new and improved route for novice riders and families alike! Enjoy a flat ride along the Androscoggin river and enjoy a family-friendly rest stop for a nice break before heading back to the park!
RIDE ALONG COUNTRY ROADS + A MAINE RIVER
A continuation to the 25-mile route for 2023, featuring 150 feet less elevation. This ride will take you out and back along the Androscoggin River with an 11-mile loop at the top end of the course.
ENJOY AN EPIC RIDE
Rolling terrain all the way to the finish line. Moderate overall effort. Enjoy the fall foliage while you coast along. No major climbs!
TAKE THE 65-MILE METRIC CENTURY CHALLENGE
Some challenging hills with a little dash of coastal Freeport, Maine. Plenty of rest stops along the way to keep you going.
The Dempsey Duathlon is a 25-mile course that you'll split into a 4.5 mile run to a rest stop where you'll change your gear and finish the remaining 21.5 miles in a challenging ride to the finish.
- Event is limited to 150 participants - so register today!
- Must be at least 15 years of age to participate
- 4.5 mile run must be completed in 1-hour (roughly a 12 minute/mile pace)
- Bag and bike drop off at designated rest stop to take place early Saturday morning (details to come)
- Bag Valet will be available
- Personal items left behind for the ride portion will be bagged and labeled
- Bagged items will be transported and available for pickup at the Bag + Bike Tent at the finish line
*Routes subject to change.